Applications are now being accepted for the fall 2012 semester of Next Steps at Vanderbilt, a 2-year certificate program for students with intellectual disabilities. Up to eight (8) students may be accepted into the program.
For detailed information on Next Steps at Vanderbilt Program
Young adults seeking admission to Next Steps at Vanderbilt should be between 18 and 26 years old, have completed their high school studies, and have a strong desire to go to college and learn skills that will enable them to live more independently. For more on eligibility requirements, see: http://kc.vanderbilt.edu/site/nextstep/page.aspx?id=1344
• Online application: http://kc.vanderbilt.edu/site/nextstep/page.aspx?id=1344
• Deadline for applications- Feb. 15, 2012
• Student interviews in March 2012
• Participation in trail day during March/April 2012
• Final decisions are made by April 15
• Deposits are due by May 1
Contact: Please call the Next Steps at Vanderbilt office with any questions at: (615) 343-0822, or email us at NextStep@Vanderbilt.edu
The dates for the Next Steps Summer Institute (NSSI) have also been announced.
NSSI hosts up to 21 young adults with intellectual disabilities in a week-long residential program to provide exposure to postsecondary education. Students are given the opportunity to experience a college campus and develop a broader understanding of the Next Steps Postsecondary Education Program at Vanderbilt and other programs across the country.
• Online applications available- Feb. 1, 2012
• Deadline for student applications- March 31, 2012